Thursday, November 11, 2010

Draft example project

This week for my EDF 5050 class, we needed to create a draft example project from our curriculum page. Here is a link to my curriculum page: https://busmanager02.wikispaces.com/. This was another assignment that we needed to complete that will help us create our final assignment. This assignment provided many different learning achievements for me.
            First, while completing this assignment, it helped me to create a timeline of how long I should give me students to complete the assignment. It took me about twenty minutes to learn Prezi, from a previous assignment in this class, and I already know how to use PowerPoint. It took me about an hour to gather all my resources. Then it took me about half an hour to put the project together. From this timeline I should try to give my students about two hours in the computer lab at school, and then expect them to spend about half an hour at home to finish up any loose ends.
Second, looking ahead this assignment will also help me next week when I create my rubric for this project. I know have a general idea as to what I am looking for in the students’ projects.
Third, I also know the advantages and disadvantages of using Prezi and PowerPoint, and I will not expect my students to produce an assignment that they technologically cannot create. I also know what the students can create with technology.
            Here is a link to my example Prezi: http://prezi.com/xwti0exhnxsb/copy-of-american-history-question/  Please provide me with any constructive feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan,

    I think you did a really nice job with your digital story. you really worked to set the facts and bullet points into a narrative that was engaging. I like it way better than my own because I don't think I did I good job unfolding a narrative. When I compare mine to Wendy Drexler's I don't see a good story, but when I compare yours, I think you did a great job creating an engaging narrative.

    Aaron H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea for your presentation. What grade level are you making this for? I am assuming this is a highschool class.

    I agree with Aaron that you explained the information that you gathered as though it is a story, which is what we are supposed to do. I struggled with that one.

    I only found one or two spelling errors, but nothing that takes away from your presentation. I really liked the pictures you used to illustrate your story.

    Great job!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete